We are excited to announce that 26 local arts organizations will be participating in our National Arts in Education Week of Giving, an inaugural campaign to raise funds for arts education programs in partnership with Indianapolis Public Schools during National Arts in Education Week!
The participating organizations are:
- Art With a Heart
- Arts for Learning
- Asante Children’s Theatre
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site
- Brick Street Poetry
- Clowes Memorial Hall, Butler Arts Center
- Dance Kaleidoscope
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- Indiana Music Education Association
- Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites
- Indianapolis Art Center
- Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra
- Indianapolis Children’s Choir
- Indianapolis Jazz Foundation and Indy Jazz Fest
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Indianapolis Opera
- Indianapolis Symphonic Choir
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Kids Dance Outreach
- Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
- Partnerships for Lawrence
- Ronen Chamber Ensemble
- Storytelling Arts of Indiana
- Young Actors Theatre
The National Arts in Education Week of Giving is just one of the many programs being planned to celebrate National Arts in Education Week in Indianapolis from September 11-17, 2016. Designated by Congress in 2010, through House Resolution 275, National Arts in Education Week is a national celebration that promotes and showcases the important role of the arts in education.
Interested in starting the celebration of arts in education a bit early? Start by visiting these organizations’ websites to find out what amazing school-based programs they already have. Find your favorite one and be an advocate by telling people about the great work they are doing in schools!
Follow the weeklong celebration using #ArtsEdWeekIndy.
Posted in #ArtsEdWeekIndy