National Arts in Education Week
National Arts in Education Week is a national celebration that promotes and showcases the important role of the arts in education.
2017 National Arts in Education Week will be September 10 – 16, 2017. Information regarding the 2017 celebration will be made available here. Please check back for updates.
We brought together arts organizations, educators, community leaders, and citizens for a series of presentations, discussions, special events, and a Week of Giving campaign to elevate the work of arts educators, arts organizations, and the importance of arts education for our city’s youth.
Click to see the list of 2016 #ArtsEdWeekIndy events
Sunday, September 11
Week of Giving Day 1
Monday, September 12
Week of Giving Day 2
- 12:15 pm, National Arts in Education Week Kickoff Celebration at Indianapolis Artsgarden
- 5:30 – 7 pm, Think & Drink: Arts Education Trivia Night at Sun King Brewery
Tuesday, September 13
Week of Giving Day 3
- 3:30 pm, Professional Indy Arts Educators Network Meeting at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
Wednesday, September 14
Week of Giving Day 4
Thursday, September 15
Week of Giving Day 5
- Any Given Child Indy Committee Meetings, RSVP required
– 8:30 am, Budget & Resources Committee at Harrison College
– 10 am, Professional Development Committee at Arts for Learning
– 12 pm, Evaluation & Assessment Committee at English Foundation Building
– 2:30 pm, Creative Engagement Committee at WFYI
Friday, September 16
Week of Giving Day 6
Saturday, September 17
Week of Giving Day 7
- 1 – 4 pm, Creativity Fest at Arts for Learning
The Arts Council of Indianapolis and its Any Given Child Indy initiative, a partnership with Indianapolis Public Schools and the Mayor’s Office, organized a Week of Giving campaign during the 2016 National Arts in Education Week. 26 local arts organizations participated in the Week of Giving, an inaugural campaign to raise funds for arts education programs in partnership with Indianapolis Public Schools.
A total of $7,744 was raised for the following organizations and their programs: