Year One: 2014 – 2015 (Opportunity)
- During March 2014, the Arts Council of Indianapolis brought together local arts educators to present the opportunity to decide how best to use a $30,000 gift from the United Way of Central Indiana on arts education.
- The group decided that rather than using it for bus transportation, an ongoing need, the funds should be used to support Indianapolis becoming part of the national Any Given Child network created and coordinate by The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC.
- The following 10 organizations spent eight months putting together the Any Given Child application for Indianapolis: Arts for Learning/Young Audiences, Conner Prairie, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Indianapolis Art Center, Art With a Heart, Music for All, Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, ArtMix (formerly VSA Indiana), and the Indiana State Museum.
- The Arts Council brought together the Mayor’s Office for Education Innovation and the IPS Superintendent as partners for the project.
- The Arts Council’s Artsgarden presented dozens of elementary school performances as part of the annual Christmas series titled, “Mistletoe.”